| Resource List
| Funding and Grants
The New BC Societies Act: Implications and Opportunities
UPDATED May 7, 2016 ... Preparing to Transition: A Practical Guide
Everything you need to get your organization started in the Transition process:
• Background to What's Happening
• BC Societies Act: Implications and Opportunities
• an Overview of the 7 Major Areas of Change
• worksheets and reference documents
Download your FREE copy now.
Additional Documents from BC Registry Services:
• Preparing for B.C.ís New Societies Act: A Guide to the Transition Process
from BC Registry Services
• Impact-New Societies Act-Table
from BC Registry Services
• Comparison Table: Current Society Act to New Societies Act
• Comparison Table: New Societies Act to Current Society Act
Comments and Testimonials
Presentation hosted by the United Way in Kelowna:
Presentation presented by BDO Dunwoody in Vernon:
- good presentation!
- Informative, Pamela was great!
- covered all the basics I expected - very friendly and helpful
- Great opporutnity. 2 year implementation, need to develop timeline and plan
- the way the speaker presented the info - it was easy to understand.
- Our organization will now schedule a timeline and dedicate responsibilities to board members and staff to make the transition smooth
- knowledgeable speaker - very well delivered content
- Pam was great!
- Very much appreciate the timine of this seminar and the United Way initiative
- Good presentation. Thank you for sharing this information.
*Unsolicited feedback via email; workshop feedback not yet compiled and received.
- I "would like to thank you for a very interesting and informative briefing this morning. The content was well explained and you made it as interesting as such a potentially dry subject can be! Seriously, all good stuff and I am sure that everyone benefited."
- "Fabulous morning and great presentation!!"
- "That was great! such enthusiasm! I never thought administration could be fun!"
Links to Resources
The new BC Societies Act
Bill 24 - 2015: Societies Act
. The 2015 Legislative Session: 4th Session, 40th Parliament THIRD READING
at BC Laws - available upon coming into force
Societies Regulations dated November 24, 2015
Societies Transitional Interim Regulation
Societies Act White Paper: Draft Legislation with Notations (August 2014)
BC Registry Services - The New Societies Act information page.
Includes links to
Law for Nonprofits
- the new Act and Regulations
- summary of impact on pre-existing Societies
- table of comparisons: current to new and new to current
- benefits of electronic filings, and
This is the group working on the Province-wide initiative to assist non-profit organizations through the transition.
Looking for Funding?
Here are links to some funding sources lists; these have not
been vetted for a transition project, but may be helpful generally. Please contact Pam if you would like assistance to complete any Grant Applications